buy foundlings jewellery...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 17 February 2009

New Art Idol

Following a recent exhibition in Penzance, I have finally found an artist of enviable repute who shares my fondness for discarded toys...
Adopted Cornishman Robert Bradford creates these amazing sculptures from all my favourite bits of junk - it took all my willpower not to sneakily prise off a few childhood faves! He also has a very cool Bee installed at the Eden Project.


Despite my fascination for these objects, I was equally enamoured with his Rocking Horse (below), which featured at an auction in the Exchange Gallery - where, incidentally, one of my uncle's amazing nudey lady on surfboard paintings was also sold (Pop back later for that one!).

Obviously, this is what would happen if the Stones and Pat Butcher had had a late night interlude, and in the wee small hours the pile of clothes decided to get up and walk off... or is that just me?!

No comments: